Another week, another alpha build and we’ve updated to the latest version here.

This release brings some stability to the editor, the Page Editor and a whole slew of UI tweaks and improvements.

The full list is here: https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes-v5/

Thanks for testing!

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/100-were-now-running-alpha-9/

Featured Replies

Query: in all the alpha updates I don’t recall having a seperate login to begin upgrade, is this a side effect of being cloud hosted? Will this be necessary in the future (self hosted)?

9 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

Query: in all the alpha updates I don’t recall having a seperate login to begin upgrade, is this a side effect of being cloud hosted? Will this be necessary in the future (self hosted)?

Any admin account can upgrade, you shouldn’t need a special log in for it.

• 2 weeks later...

That’s not a bad thing in my opinion.

Nothing is perfect, and if the Invision Community Team are continually fixing bugs, then you know the software is actively being worked on and developed. I would much rather that than uncover a bug that never gets fixed.

On 8/23/2024 at 3:37 AM, Unknow said:

It's funny that with each version, there are more errors to fix.

That’s because it’s an alpha and we have made the decision to make big sweeping changes, such as position JS, Page Editor, menu manager, etc which will destabilise in the short term, but have benefits in the long term.

If we don’t do it now, we may not get a chance for 18-24 months.

Hello, I was a customer of yours a long time ago, and for support reasons I moved to another competitor. I was thinking about coming back, but as always, it takes a long time when they release this type of versions. Aside from everything they have done, I always assumed that, I don't think there are two or three working on Invisio, much more knowing that in this type of system many developers are needed, I know that at least, with a version giant like this, it would have to be released, at least as a beta, a year

But seeing this kind of change, I would like to go back. The thing is that I have left IPS many years ago. I see the great work they are doing and it makes me a little excited. At the moment I'm still on XenForo, we'll see what I do later

How many developers are there at XenForo? 🤔

I think you should definitely, at the very least, give Invision Community a test run again and see if it works for your community. You may be surprised what there is and what is yet to come of the new version. It really is amazing work that the team are doing and it shows on so many levels.

17 hours ago, clau12021202 said:

Hello, I was a customer of yours a long time ago, and for support reasons I moved to another competitor. I was thinking about coming back, but as always, it takes a long time when they release this type of versions. Aside from everything they have done, I always assumed that, I don't think there are two or three working on Invisio, much more knowing that in this type of system many developers are needed, I know that at least, with a version giant like this, it would have to be released, at least as a beta, a year

We have a pretty robust development team.

Most of v5 has been created by:
Esther: Lead backend
Ehren: All things UI and frontend
Matt F: All things JS/Node/React
Me: Project management, some back end work and feature creation
Stuart, Ryan, Daniel: v4 ports, infrastructure, SSO, testing, fixes, some feature work

1 hour ago, Matt said:

我们拥有一支非常强大的开发团队。v5

的大部分工作由以下人员完成:
Esther:后端主管
Ehren:所有 UI 和前端工作
Matt F:所有 JS/Node/React 工作
Me:项目管理、一些后端工作和功能创建
Stuart、Ryan、Daniel:v4 端口、基础设施、SSO、测试、修复、一些功能工作

<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"> 👍 </font></font>

7 hours ago, Matt said:

We have a pretty robust development team.

Most of v5 has been created by:
Esther: Lead backend
Ehren: All things UI and frontend
Matt F: All things JS/Node/React
Me: Project management, some back end work and feature creation
Stuart, Ryan, Daniel: v4 ports, infrastructure, SSO, testing, fixes, some feature work

I understand. So I take back what I said.