We’ve updated to Alpha 11!

North Carolina Football GIF by UNC Tar Heels

This release was focused around editor fixes, some positioning JS stability, some minor features (per group option to see who is following things, view/edit permissions on club custom fields) and a lot of UI work to make headers consistent across the suite. Oh and a significant rewrite of the form toggles JS.

If you want the full list, head over to our release notes.

We are almost at the end of the alpha cycle, and it won’t be long until we move to beta and then the real fun starts!

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/138-were-now-using-alpha-11/

Featured Replies

Sorry for my criticism, but if I decide to go back to Invision, I think that first as a principal, I have to try it, as I do with xenforo, on a local server and see if it can convince me and launch it on my site

I have no desire to return to IPS, I am liking this version. For me, personally, what I want most is support and stability, with that I am satisfied, and when browsing this Alpha it seemed very fluid

You can use the ‘Edit’ feature next time to combine numerous posts into one post. Makes for a better reading experience. 🙂

This same feature is available on IC4 as well.

Great news and great work to the entire team. You guys are making this software so much better with every release.

Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

9 hours ago, Gary said:

You can use the ‘Edit’ feature next time to combine numerous posts into one post. Makes for a better reading experience. 🙂

This same feature is available on IC4 as well.

Great news and great work to the entire team. You guys are making this software so much better with every release.

Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

You can also add a feature that auto merges recent comments or posts into one. Just like discord

On 8/31/2024 at 8:34 PM, envy said:

You can also add a feature that auto merges recent comments or posts into one. Just like discord

Yes, you most definitely can do that too. It’s called ‘Merge concurrent posts’ in your AdminCP. 👌

On 8/31/2024 at 4:57 AM, Gary said:

Should not it be automatic?

6 hours ago, FairyDragon said:

Should not it be automatic?

This setting is set to ‘never’ out of the box or on a new installation. If you want this function to occur, you will need to enable it in your AdminCP → System → Settings → Posting → Merge concurrent posts.

• Matt unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, Hellov5 said:

Hi,

What is the system requirement for self-hosted V5?

I’m just quoting Jim from the Invision Community in case others have the same question.

4 hours ago, Jim M said:

Time machine at this point 😄 . Kidding, kidding...

We haven't released those officially just yet as version 5 is still in Alpha. I wouldn't say they will be wildly different than version 4. Likely PHP 8.1 minimum requirement depending on release timing.