I don’t like how on the topic list on mobile/ipad the profile photo is the topic starter. On board index this is the last poster and it should be the same on topic list. We’ve always used the photo of the last poster as the icon across previous versions

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/14-photo-icons-on-topic-list/

Featured Replies

I’ve noticed its missing on desktop as well, the last poster icon is much better to have.

You’ve got different designs for the board index and forum topic list. The board index is as it was on versions 3 and 4 with the last poster photo but then that photo is not there once on the forum list

Edited by marklcfc

Version 4 also alters the UI for these areas. For example, fluid view in v4 displays the topic starter at the front, with no avatar for the last poster. We’ve simply carried this design over into v5. Categories and topic lists have different designs because they’re displaying different types of data.

Version 5 has many intentional changes to the UI, and certain areas will be different to v4. This is expected as it’s a significant rewrite with a full redesign. The HTML for the last poster avatar has purposely been kept in the source, so if you really want to restore the v4 design, you’re welcome to via Custom CSS 🙂

4 hours ago, Ehren said:

The HTML for the last poster avatar has purposely been kept in the source, so if you really want to restore the v4 design, you’re welcome to via Custom CSS 🙂

I’d definitely want to do that especially on the forum list of topics. But as templates can’t be edited either now can I get the photo back next to the last poster info as currently it’s on the left before the topic title

Ok if easily done then that’s good as I’d definitely change that.

One other thing with the board index when I zoomed into 175% it looks like this

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 10.24.52.png

But as soon as I go past 200% it looks like this

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 10.25.04.png

I think there’s too much info there for mobile screens, will involve more scrolling to get to certain forums and it’s losing that similarity between board index and topic list. I prefer this once it gets to iPhone size

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 10.26.11.png

Is there a way for that to be altered back? (just the last poster and time bit)

Edited by marklcfc

You’re welcome to remove as much or as little as you like with CSS. It’s all very customizable - so if you don’t want the latest titles shown on mobiles, just ask for guidance once 5.x is available and I’ll be happy to help.

2 hours ago, marklcfc said:

But as soon as I go past 200% it looks like this

Yes, that would be expected. You’ve reduced the size of the viewport, so the responsive design adjusts to keep as much useful information as possible.

This is lookin so good!

One thing I’d love in terms of topics and photos is, instead of showing the user’s profile photo, instead require the user to upload an image (like when making a post on Instagram or TikTok for example). That way, when displaying a list of topics, it’s more visual and branded.

I have a plugin that does this in my community, but know that functionality won’t transfer to v5 (which I’m bummed about). It does this in both a block showing the most-recent updated topics, as well as in the forum view.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 8.49.05 AM.png

Anyway, great job. Looking forward to the launch! :)