Suggestion for Improving Font Awesome Icon Management in Menu Manager

I’ve noticed that some menu items in the ACP have randomly assigned generic image icons, even when I haven’t set them.

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 10.34.23 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.29.37 PM.png

Upon trying to remove or change these icons, I encountered the following message:

“You may pick a custom icon for this menu item. If none is selected, a context-relevant default icon may be used.”

While this is helpful, I think it would be a great improvement if all IPS default icons were clearly displayed in the ACP for each menu item. This way, administrators can easily see which icons are set by default and decide whether to keep or change them.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.29.24 PM.png

Additionally, it would be beneficial to have the ability to remove default icons for specific menu items if needed, with a simple “revert” option to restore IPS system defaults if changes are made.

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 2.01.03 AM.png

To enhance clarity, perhaps icons could be visually distinguished—such as using a different color—depending on whether they are custom or default IPS icons.

From a user interface perspective, it would also be helpful if, when setting an icon, an info tip or warning could appear if the same icon has already been used elsewhere in the menu. This would help prevent duplicate icons and ensure a more polished UI experience.

Thank you for considering these suggestions to make the icon management process more intuitive and user-friendly!

Featured Replies