I have noticed now that an advertisement can be left blank to only show in the block manager.

This is fantastic however presents a new management conundrum.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 4.16.50 AM.png

When setting up an advertisement product for users to purchase we no longer have the means to pick from existing block keys (in v4 we could type in the template key)

I cannot setup a product for a user to purchase an ad unattended. It will require admins to login and fiddle with the block to add that ad.

When setting up new products we need to be able to assign the ad to an existing custom block.

In addition it would be most agreeable to have another location for ads included in site email. With this option a particular advertisement would be in rotation and be included in all site emails. This would provide an upsell and reach for admins and their advertisers, win-win.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 4.23.04 AM.png

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/156-advertisment-block/

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Ocean West said:

I have noticed now that an advertisement can be left blank to only show in the block manager.

I’m curious, what are the use cases for having an advertisement only appear when block manager is open?

Has nothing to do with displaying ads with the page editor open.

What they are referring to here is the ad will not display in any of hard coded places listed by the check box. (a few alpha versions back you had to choose something )

But rather you can open the page editor and choose Custom Block and then drag that to any well you wish, you can configure that block to show the ads as you wish.

Edited by Ocean West