Welcome to Beta.. uh.. Alpha 15!

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

We were planning on Beta 1 this week, but we’re working on a few branches that aren’t quite ready, including a lovely optimisation branch to make sure v5 is ready to go but there were a few bugs that were being reported multiple times, including weird Chrome/Edge bugs so, welcome to Alpha 15!

Out now in all good stores CloudLand®

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/179-alpha-15-right-here-right-now/

Featured Replies

I'm only wondering because I've never seen a platform of this type have so many alphas in my life, just for that reason. It goes without saying that it is not a criticism, and if you take it as criticism, make it constructive.

The lack of Undo button costed me a good long post here where I talked about my motivation and experience here, as a tester, about IPS, XF, some required addons, wanted features. Pleeease add this button :)

Anyway, everything looks great, I like your team, it is very nice to be able to talk to you like this (not a client yet, so have no rights on the main community, but this ability to talk adds to my decision what software to choose) and I am waiting for Beta.

On 9/27/2024 at 5:50 PM, Matt said:

Welcome to Beta.. uh.. Alpha 15!

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

We were planning on Beta 1 this week, but we’re working on a few branches that aren’t quite ready, including a lovely optimisation branch to make sure v5 is ready to go but there were a few bugs that were being reported multiple times, including weird Chrome/Edge bugs so, welcome to Alpha 15!

Out now in all good stores CloudLand®

Will we small self-hosted users ever get to see this amazing features? 🥹

On 9/29/2024 at 12:14 PM, alextester said:

It should become an adult before it can go out to the dangerous world.

It is already more than 1 year under the development. It should have been more than an adult by this time, according to software years )

49 minutes ago, Drufus said:

I hear ya FairyDragon I have updated my license twice now waiting on V5 starting to get expensive hopefully they will put the Beta out soon.

Not until Alpha 16 is released, buddy.

14 hours ago, Gary said:

Haha, you don’t have to believe me. The product speaks for itself! The team have been hard at work making sure it’s as good as it can be.

Well, we'll see if expectations for the future can convince me

My life is not about this, or being able to have something better. Two years ago Xenforo convinced me and I stayed there. The support is not bad, the resources are not bad either, hey, I use what I need, but that whole set has convinced me. I would like Invision to convince me, but the way it is going, I don't think so. In fact, I think that a long time ago I should have launched at least a beta to know how it gets along with PHP and others.

There’s nothing wrong with that at all. You simply must choose what best suits you and your community.

What is your community based around?

PHP 8.1 is currently supported. I’m using PHP 8.2.23 on my community and apart from the notification recommending I downgrade in the AdminCP, I have experienced zero issues. I don’t heavily modify and do not use plugins or apps (personal preference and streamlines the experience especially when upgrading). Version 5 will work with more recent versions of PHP too.

What other questions do you have and I’m sure the community can answer them. I don’t want you to question your decision by using XenForo; I’ve used them before as well in the early days. I just want to squash any myths that you may have read or heard about Invision Community.