Welcome to Beta.. uh.. Alpha 15!

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

We were planning on Beta 1 this week, but we’re working on a few branches that aren’t quite ready, including a lovely optimisation branch to make sure v5 is ready to go but there were a few bugs that were being reported multiple times, including weird Chrome/Edge bugs so, welcome to Alpha 15!

Out now in all good stores CloudLand®

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/179-alpha-15-right-here-right-now/

Featured Replies

22 hours ago, clau12021202 said:

I would like Invision to convince me, but the way it is going, I don't think so

in your specific use case, I wonder why is it not convincing you?

I know in my specific case it’s actually funny because has little to do with the Forum feature itself … I like it more for pages/databases (custom community stuff), clubs, calendar…

• Matt unpinned this topic
22 hours ago, clau12021202 said:

My life is not about this, or being able to have something better. Two years ago Xenforo convinced me and I stayed there. The support is not bad, the resources are not bad either, hey, I use what I need, but that whole set has convinced me. I would like Invision to convince me, but the way it is going, I don't think so. In fact, I think that a long time ago I should have launched at least a beta to know how it gets along with PHP and others.

I addressed this question mark over how many alphas we’ve released here: https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/202-alpha-16-released-beta-next-week/

But either way, I don’t think basing your community’s future over the release cadence of our next generation community platform is the best metric.

10 hours ago, Mat said:

PHP 8.3 too?

I did just read this topic though. Keep an eye out for someone from the team to confirm.

Will PHP 8.3 be supported for v5 beta? - Feedback - Invision Community 5 (invisionalpha5.com)

On 10/3/2024 at 12:01 PM, Matt said:

I addressed this question mark over how many alphas we’ve released here: https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/202-alpha-16-released-beta-next-week/

But either way, I don’t think basing your community’s future over the release cadence of our next generation community platform is the best metric.

My reality in this matter is not about vision, but about security and support, otherwise I can have it created. I think that in a few words you can understand that by writing many.

7 minutes ago, clau12021202 said:

My reality in this matter is not about vision, but about security and support, otherwise I can have it created. I think that in a few words you can understand that by writing many.

On the other hand, I believe that everyone has the right to choose, whatever platform it is, it can be more expensive or less expensive. I have had the luxury of trying the 2 most important ones and they both prove to have nice lips, as we say here (General view). I may come back, let's hope the prices are not exorbitant. For the rest, I'm liking it

On 10/3/2024 at 1:25 AM, Gary said:

I don’t heavily modify and do not use plugins or apps (personal preference and streamlines the experience especially when upgrading)

A living community needs improvements (apps), big ones at that. Otherwise the forum will become boring and the attendance will be minimal!

Sorry @Kirill, but I’ll agree to disagree.

I’m part of many communities/forums that have no plugins or apps whatsoever. They are extremely successful, and have been for many years.

I think it all comes down to what your community is for. I’ll let you know once my community is officially released to see how it goes in the next couple of years plugin-free.

For the record, I’m not against plugins and apps. I can see how useful they are for community managers, I just don’t have a need or use for them for my own communities.

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

A living community needs improvements (apps), big ones at that. Otherwise the forum will become boring and the attendance will be minimal!

I couldn't agree more. IPB Its a platform.

Apps and custom modifications make IPB a better version of itself; it's not arguable.

Edited by Hellov5

A living community is about the people. Nothing more.

My community has been online since 2009, we have no 3rd party apps or plugins. Even the theme is just basic colour changes. Nothing fancy at all.

Many features disabled.

What we do well is keeping a platform simple to use, friendly and a safe space to voice opinions away from the Wild West that is social media.

Create that space and people will come.

I couldn’t agree more, @David.. Plugins and apps do have a place (obviously, otherwise there wouldn’t be a market for them), it is generally based on the community. There is no right or wrong answer, but whether there is a need or want to warrant having them.

I just find it too difficult to stay up to date with every release of the software and opening myself up to potential issues when attempting to upgrade.

Keep it clean, keep it simple. 😇