Invision v5 doesn't look bad and really makes an impression, but something is missing, and our users keep saying this over and over again. You go to an Invision Community page, log in, or visit it later, and you don't immediately see at first glance if there's anything new. Users have the option to create their own streams, and in the Invision Community, this is also displayed at the top as a Icon. Would it be possible to get a badge that shows if there are new contents in this stream, and maybe even how much is new? This would give the user a wonderful overview of what is new where in the community. Would something like this be feasible?

image.png

image.png

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/186-whats-new-indicator/

Featured Replies

• 2 weeks later...

For what it’s worth, I set the Forums index view to show the Fluid view as my default index page. This view is great for seeing unread content within the Forums app. If you want to see unread content across the site, there is the bottom nav button to quickly do that.

A count of unread topics might be slightly faster than just scrolling down either the fluid view or tapping on the Unread Content nav button, but I’m not sure a count badge would add that much . Unlike for Notifications

IMG_1242.png

Edited by KT Walrus