In our community, many files and images are always attached. However, only a few users take care of scaling the images, which quickly leads to long and cluttered posts. Could we somehow get a unified thumbnail display for attachments that are not specifically embedded in the text, so that it looks much more organized?

Maybe an option for the insert button that you can choose whether to insert full size or a preview image in the text.

Display in the Invision Community:

Screenshot 2024-09-29 163651.png

Display what it could look like:

image.png

Featured Replies

Generally, a more structured “Gallery” button in the post editor (where you can line up columns of thumbnailed images in an organised fashion) has been something I’ve asked for, for many months (years?) now. I hope it’s something the team can work on for a near-future V5 update (maybe 5.1?) because it’s probably the biggest missing piece of the puzzle in an otherwise incredible post editor UX experience.

A good gallery/image grid option is the one thing I’m truly missing from Wordpress since moving over fully to Invision Community, if I’m being totally honest:

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 11.07.25.png

^ Let’s implement this into V5’s post editor!

Edited by Dreadknux

2 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Generally, a more structured “Gallery” button in the post editor (where you can line up columns of thumbnailed images in an organised fashion) has been something I’ve asked for, for many months (years?) now. I hope it’s something the team can work on for a near-future V5 update (maybe 5.1?) because it’s probably the biggest missing piece of the puzzle in an otherwise incredible post editor UX experience.

A good gallery/image grid option is the one thing I’m truly missing from Wordpress since moving over fully to Invision Community, if I’m being totally honest:

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 11.07.25.png

^ Let’s implement this into V5’s post editor!

Yes, that would be something, but my primary concern is finding a solution where the user doesn’t have to click somewhere else. 98% of users write something, attach something, and press send. Only 2% of users take the time to arrange their post properly, and it’s just not a pleasant experience anymore when someone attaches 10 images, and you have to scroll forever. I had hoped that with V5, Invision would place more value on clean and consistent content, but unfortunately, this is still not the case. It seems a lot of effort has been put into features and widgets, but essential tools like tables of contents for headings, tables, organized display of attached images, a code block with line numbers that has a maximum size and a 'copy to clipboard' function, or a simple opt-in query for external embeds, are just missing. I really enjoy using the Invision suite, and a lot is possible, but the most important thing—creating and formatting texts—is years behind.