Re-posting this here because I’m not sure if anyone is looking at the V5 Alpha Club anymore (besides Marc - you know I love you though)! πŸ˜…

Loving the Side Panel in V5, but one thing that is irritating me a little bit is the margins/design concerning nested menu lists. I have a sub-menu called "Projects", nested within the 'Browse' menu.Β On a traditional header menu layout, it looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 09.37.36.png

That's fine, I can live with that (although it'd be nice to have the dashes in the submenu list items replaced with icons if the admin has set one). But on the Side Panel design, it looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 09.36.57.png

The 'Projects' sub-menu has been presented as a top-level navigation list, and there's a massive gap between the 'Projects' title and the rest of the menu (both above and below). It kind of ruins the navigation flow that I want to set up for my users, and it makes the overall menu too confusing for a user to scan easily.

I propose we redesign nested menus in the Side Panel so that it is clearer what is sub-menu and what is top-level. I've mock-designed an example below for consideration:

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 09.42.02.png

Featured Replies