I have a Featured Content widget on my alpha instance’s landing page, and on desktop I have the blocks set to Wallpaper mode with a certain width (between 400-600px, I’m trying to find the right balance atm) so that it looks good and ‘hero image’-y on larger screens.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 12.23.22.png

On mobile however, it looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 12.26.23.png

The same widget makes each wallpaper block appear full-width - which makes sense, as it’s trying to adapt a 600px desktop width into a mobile screen - but I’d prefer to have the blocks on mobile much smaller so that users can see part of the next block in the carousel (otherwise it’s not altogether clear that there are multiple items on the same line).

It’d be great if I could tell the suite to display these blocks at 600px width on desktop and 300px width on mobile, so that the desktop version looks like the above and the mobile looks like the below:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 12.27.24.png

Edited by Dreadknux

Featured Replies

Or maybe instead of a px width size, you could try allowing for a % width (in relation to the widget size)? I think that might accomplish the same result without needing to add multiple options/buttons?

9 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Or maybe instead of a px width size, you could try allowing for a % width (in relation to the widget size)? I think that might accomplish the same result without needing to add multiple options/buttons?

A percentage width won’t work unfortunately. Imagine you want to make the cells narrow on desktop. You’d set the width to maybe 20% (so you could view 5 cells at once). If that same value was used on mobile, the items would be minuscule.

You can specify a unique “mobile width” using Custom CSS for the moment, but we can try and find a solution later if this concern is wide spread.