Test for drag/drop of image and embedding from some remote sites.

Flickr embed (inserted as a link only)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53904827353_91e74767c3_z.jpg

Can’t try embedding an image since I don’t see that option on the editor bar.

Direct attachment of images.

NGC 6960 FMA180 ASI33MC Cropped 080324.jpg

NGC7023 080224 LRGB v3.jpg

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/19-image-inclusion-testing/

Featured Replies

I really like the way the editor works for resizing and inserting the images as far as placement options go.

The one thing I do NOT like… the EDIT button really needs to be down below the post itself on the first post, and for any other post the location in the hamburger bar is not friendly. It’s not a really good UI placement choice IMHO. Most users are not going to be used to it being located that differently.

Also, for testing, the site really needs to enable the ability to embed outside images like from Flickr, ImgUr and such.

Edited by Astro What

Test of drag/drop from Mac Finder to post.

M51 ASI533MM Z103 v1 062524.jpgI really like this feature. but it does have some issues.

I’m not crazy about having to put in tons of empty spaces in this text to get it to go below the other image, otherwise you get this.

Jellyfish_021424.jpg But when you left align this one it ends up with the text like this.

NGC  7000 FMA180 Pro 060824.jpg

When I post the link in the browser bar supplied from Imgur it works.. the only time that the link is giving a 404 error is if I try it from the message or if I copy/paste it from this site into a browser tab.

On 8/6/2024 at 12:37 AM, Astro What said:

Test of drag/drop from Mac Finder to post.

M51 ASI533MM Z103 v1 062524.jpgI really like this feature. but it does have some issues.

I’m not crazy about having to put in tons of empty spaces in this text to get it to go below the other image, otherwise you get this.

Jellyfish_021424.jpg But when you left align this one it ends up with the text like this.

NGC  7000 FMA180 Pro 060824.jpg

Quoting a long post

I don’t know if i am a big fan of the being able to scroll up/down in a quote like that. I usually prefer to have a “more” option. I have had issues with similar on mobile in the past.

Guess I need to hit the site on mobile to start checkign it out.