Hi all!

Welcome to the alpha site.

Cookie Monster Hello GIF by Sesame Street

Over the past month, a plucky band of alpha testers have been helping us hammer this behemoth of a project into shape. It’d probably be easier to name what hasn’t changed, than what has but our news blog has a good go at explaining all the new features.

There’s much to get stuck into, including the new view modes, native dark mode and a glorious new editor.

Feel free to have a look around, post away in the test area and if you spot something that doesn’t look or act right, post a report in the bug tracker.

I thought Invision Community 5 had a sidebar?

The default theme is the ‘classic’ look which retains the familiar header at the top. If you wanted to see what all the sidebar hype was about, you’ll find an additional theme in the theme changer in the footer of the site.

Can I see other layouts like tables or grids?

You sure can! Just go to Content Preferences in your account settings.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Matt

Most helpful reply by chris027,

Which search backend does this alpha site use?

Featured Replies

On 8/2/2024 at 10:56 PM, Matt said:

you’ll find an additional theme in the theme changer in the footer of the site.

The Theme changer seems to be broken? I can’t seem to use it any longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Files.. anyway to use Dropbox as a repository instead of saving on our local drive? I know AWS S3 Bucket has been a choice but that gets expensive. Now hosting facilities are all about a limit number of iNodes.. which Files do consume but on an external repo like Dropbox, Google Drive, Cloud Drive, OneDrive is very inexpensive and would offer some relief off hosting. Just a thought while you are still in testing/development phase.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2024 at 8:41 AM, Cedric said:

Beautiful work everyone involved. Invision has done it again. 😀

Love this new editor. So clean!

They always do a good job! So the question is whendo we get our hands on the admin CP for self-hosted accounts?

8 hours ago, Sinistra said:

They always do a good job! So the question is whendo we get our hands on the admin CP for self-hosted accounts?

With beta version of course!

(I think) 😬