Featured Replies

I’m asking on behalf of 56% of our community’s people, who use various Android phones. Please, consider this feature, it is very needed. Just imagine you have no way to undo what you just did with your post and only options you have is refresh the page or retype everything.

1 hour ago, alextester said:

I’m asking on behalf of 56% of our community’s people, who use various Android phones. Please, consider this feature, it is very needed. Just imagine you have no way to undo what you just did with your post and only options you have is refresh the page or retype everything.

Another option is to get a phone with basic, built-in functions.

I got your point. Is there a chance you would add them in the future?

It would be great because most text editors have them (despite alternative ways of undoing things like ctrl+z) and my users will definitely struggle without them.

When I made a responsive theme I learned that so many people, our active users, use old phones and rare browsers, and my task was to make as much universal theme as possible for all of them.

I think v5 would be better with those buttons, more universal and convenient for different people.

Yeah, it’s really easy to extend if that’s something you cannot live without. Here’s a sneak preview of the extension API, it’s largely based on tiptap’s API: I can add undo/redo buttons in under 20 lines of code 😉 🤫

ips.ui.editorv5.registerExtension('undoRedoButtons', {
    addButtons() {
        return {
            redo: {
                locations: ["format"],
                isAvailable: editor => editor.can().redo(),
                command: ({commands}) => commands.redo(),
                html: '<span><i class="fa-solid fa-redo"></i></span>'
            },
            undo: {
                isAvailable: editor => editor.can().undo(),
                html: "<span><i class='fa-solid fa-undo'></i></span>"
            }
        }
    }
});

image.png

30 minutes ago, Matt F said:

Yeah, it’s really easy to extend if that’s something you cannot live without. Here’s a sneak preview of the extension API, it’s largely based on tiptap’s API: I can add undo/redo buttons in under 20 lines of code 😉 🤫

addButtons() {
        return {
            redo: {
                isAvailable: editor => editor.can().redo(),
                html: '<span><i class="fa-solid fa-redo"></i></span>'
            },
            undo: {
                isAvailable: editor => editor.can().undo(),
                html: "<span><i class='fa-solid fa-undo'></i></span>"
            }
        }
    }
});

image.png

I presume this could be set based on editor permissions?

Invision Community
No image preview

Invision Community 5: Editor Permissions and Custom Embeds

We recently announced the new Invision Community 5 editor which adds many new exciting features such as semantically correct header tags, custom boxes and more. As the new editor is a leap forward...

That would be awesome if so 🤞

2 hours ago, Andy said:

I presume this could be set based on editor permissions?

Invision Community
No image preview

Invision Community 5: Editor Permissions and Custom Embeds

We recently announced the new Invision Community 5 editor which adds many new exciting features such as semantically correct header tags, custom boxes and more. As the new editor is a leap forward...

That would be awesome if so 🤞

Sure can! Extensions define any number of their own acp-managed permissions. They also can define a ‘root’ permission which toggles the entire extension. Here, it'd look like

restrictions: [""] // "" is the root restriction
});
ips.setString("ipsCustomExtension__undoRedoButtons__", "Can use undo and redo buttons?");

image.png

28 minutes ago, Matt F said:

Sure can! Extensions define any number of their own acp-managed permissions. They also can define a ‘root’ permission which toggles the entire extension. Here, it'd look like

restrictions: [""] // "" is the root restriction
});
ips.setString("ipsCustomExtension__undoRedoButtons__", "Can use undo and redo buttons?");

image.png

Really appreciate that explanation, very helpful in understanding how this works, thank you ☺️

Is mentioned turned off?

I was going to say, a big bug bear with 4.7 was when you tried to remove mentions using your phone. I had to recommend that members be refreshed, so that the clear content feature would come up. Before they did that, I encouraged them to copy their message to save losing other written text.

It would be nice to have a button to clear all text or just certain parts.