After registering an account, the confirm your email prompt below looks great.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 094103.png

It would be nice if the validation prompt below was formatted in the same manner for a more consistent experience. An icon would be cool (even if it’s the same one), typography, spacing, size of buttons, etc.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 094237.png

https://preview.invisionalpha5.com/topic/22-minor-look-and-feel-suggestions/

Featured Replies

Yeah, there’s quite a few confirmation screens like this, so I’ve most definitely still got some which I haven’t come across. I’ll do a sweep and take care of these shortly 🤝

Not sure I’m a fan of the icon menus. Web 1.0 feel. Is this optional? Maybe a lighter shaded background or other way to differentiate. Also, because it’s inline to the site logo and profile menu, the main menu space is limited and actually requires quite a wide monitor to fit a meaningful amount of things on it.

image.png

2 hours ago, Fast Lane said:

Not sure I’m a fan of the icon menus. Web 1.0 feel. Is this optional? Maybe a lighter shaded background or other way to differentiate. Also, because it’s inline to the site logo and profile menu, the main menu space is limited and actually requires quite a wide monitor to fit a meaningful amount of things on it.

image.png

As Ehren said, you have full control over the icons. You can choose emoji (as I did) or font awesome icons. It is also an option to remove them from the header, but keep them if you chose the sidebar. I’ve just removed them from the classic header.

CleanShot 2024-08-06 at 09.51.02@2x.png

8 hours ago, Gary said:

After registering an account, the confirm your email prompt below looks great.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 094103.png

It would be nice if the validation prompt below was formatted in the same manner for a more consistent experience. An icon would be cool (even if it’s the same one), typography, spacing, size of buttons, etc.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 094237.png

Please report bugs to the bug tracker.

It’s not worthy of having its own topic, but I thought I’d ask about something else I noticed. When you click on your avatar on Invision Community (v4), you are taken directly to your profile. The same functionality is not present on v5. Is this on purpose?

In the user panel at the top? Yeah - we simplified the UI there and merged the avatar into the “dropdown trigger”.

The “Profile” link in that menu will take you to your profile.

In the user panel at the top? Yeah - we simplified the UI there and merged the avatar into the “dropdown trigger”.

The “Profile” link in that menu will take you to your profile.

I thought so. No problem at all Ehren, thanks mate.

On 8/7/2024 at 10:09 AM, Matt said:

It’ll take a moment to adjust to how things happen in v5 but honestly, it feels weird to me going back to our v4 support forum now.

What’s this “v4” you speak of?