I am wondering: do certain things really deserve to be highlighted? We often want everything immediately, seeing directly what we need without having to go through other information that we probably won't read.

Do calls to action for users who are already registered and familiar with the forum really deserve to be prominently displayed everywhere?

It should also be necessary to remove repetitive éléments

Some things deserve less space on the screen display.

IMG_4544.jpeg

IMG_4543.jpeg

IMG_4542.jpeg

IMG_4546.jpeg

Edited by Qatr
Add file

Featured Replies

Im not sure I understand what you mean here. Why would we remove the title and description of a forum? Of course in terms of the description, you don’t actually have to add one if it doesn’t suit your site.

7 minutes ago, Ehren said:

You are welcome to remove those areas on your own community using Custom CSS. We don’t have any plans to remove them by default though.

I think now with the breadcrumb always in mobile there is less need for that additional info to take up so much space on mobile, but even without that I always reduced as much as possible in the top area of the forum but I edited a lot of templates. For instance, what Qatr is highlighting I removed the ipsBox in certain areas in a few templates and reduced the size of that area in css. Can I still do this without template editing?

Edited by marklcfc

You’ll need to be a bit more specific with what boxes you’re referring to exactly - but a general answer is yes, you can do it without template editing.

You never really should have edited templates in v4 to remove elements, since most of that would be possible with CSS.

1 minute ago, Ehren said:

You’ll need to be a bit more specific with what boxes you’re referring to exactly - but a general answer is yes, you can do it without template editing.

You never really should have edited templates in v4 to remove elements, since most of that would be possible with CSS.

I turned the upper part of the topics/forums into how it was pre v4 with no white box around it, rearranging stuff and just reducing alot of the bulk but I could only do this in templates, I’m no expert though

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 12.04.40.png